Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jordan 2009 issue "Breast Cancer"



Even that I don't have lot information about this issue, I must to include it in collection, this is joint issue with USA and many other countries.

Same design like in every other country that issued it, between all I remember also Macedonia, Kosovo, other countries list You can obtain from Gerald Shean, who made one great collection of it.



Short info is here:

I have a small paper from Jordan Post that says the designer was Creative Marketing Solutions; the printer was Oriental Press, in Bahrain; and that the quantity was 5,000 stamps for each value. (I think there is only one value -- 30 Piaster).

From sheetlet, I can see that stamp are originally printed in one face value, but additional value of 30 piaster are imprinted - probably that will go to charity.

For me, design are really great! Body and "pain" color are well represented - and design alone are well done job.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am trying to get a copy of this stamp. MNH or MLH. Maybe someone could tell me how to contact Gerald Shean to get one.

Unknown said...

Hi, this is a great theme. I am looking for Jordan and Belize from this Joint Issue. Do you have or know where I might find these.

Balkanstamp said...

The Jordan issue, probably I have one sample spare for selling, and Belize is still out of reach, hope that in future I will have more luck in finding it.
Here You have a list from Mr Shean, about which countries have it:

1998 US
2005 Hungary
2006 Belize
2007 Kenya, Micronesia, The Gambia, Grenada
2008 Kosovo
2009 El Salvador, Jordan
2010 Macedonia
2011 Austria

Any way, keep in touch on my gmail if You want to obtain Jordan issue!

best regards
Miloje
#184497